The response to this year’s Sunshine State ACS Florida State Championships schedule for August 1-4 in Sarasota has been fantastic! We already have received multiple entries into both our team and individual events.
Our goal is to create a tournament for pool players that have played with their specific teams throughout the season by not allowing teams to stack their team for this tournament. We have heard concerns from our ACS members having a difficult time fielding four original players. We have also received a lot of interest from non-ACS teams that want to compete in our 2013 Florida State Championships. We want everyone to know we listened! The following changes are being implemented to this year’s tournament:
Teams with 3 Original Players can compete
Teams that have three (3) original players can add two players as long as they
- Have played in the same league.
- Have played the minimum of 8 weeks in the league
- Have an average equal to or lower than the team average.
Please contact the Robbie Morito, Tournament Director, at 813-263-4144 to ensure your team qualifies.
Other League Teams will be Allowed to Compete in the ACS Florida State Championships!
This year we we will allow teams from leagues that are not sanctioned by ACS to compete against our ACS teams in the bracketed events. We want to expose these teams to our tournament and the American CueSports league system. Other league teams will still need to follow team guidelines that include:
- Teams must be from the same organized league (ACS, VNEA, BCA, APA, Independent).
- Teams must have minimum of three (3) original players.
- Players competing on teams must have played a minimum of 8 weeks in the league.
- Players being added to the team must have an average equal to or lower than the team average.
Registration Deadline Has Been Extended to July 21, 2013.
We have extended the deadline to give interested teams an opportunity to register for the ACS Florida State Championships without paying a late fee. Teams now have until July 21, 2013 to send in their registration forms. A $25 late fee must be included with any entry postmarked after July 21, 2013.